Equipment Review and Discussion :: FX6 suddenly and constantly releasing air bubbles

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:49 pm   FX6 suddenly and constantly releasing air bubbles

My filter, which is about 3 1/2 years old, has suddenly started constantly producing air bubbles. I’m not sure where the air leak is coming from or what’s going on, but pretty much every 30 seconds it is pushing out a bunch of air bubbles and making the associated sounds. It’s driving me Looney Tunes, and I can’t figure out what the problem is. Prior to that, I almost never heard it priming...ever. We have not recently taken it apart or done anything that I can trace back the change to. So, I guess I’m wondering if anyone has any troubleshooting suggestions for me? Do you think it’s likely that the plastic for the tubes are simply getting old and deteriorating? My best guess is that I need to replace both the intake and outtake tubes etc. and see if that fixes the problem.
tbirdie

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 pm   Re: FX6 suddenly and constantly releasing air bubbles

When was the last time that the filter went through a thorough cleaning?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 pm   Re: FX6 suddenly and constantly releasing air bubbles

About 3 weeks ago
tbirdie

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:21 pm   Re: FX6 suddenly and constantly releasing air bubbles

I'd check the seals, but the main one around the canister should probably be inspected, cleaned and lubed.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:09 pm   Re: FX6 suddenly and constantly releasing air bubbles

What would I lube it with??
tbirdie

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:46 am   Re: FX6 suddenly and constantly releasing air bubbles

Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) can help, but if they have deteriorated then you'll need to get new ones.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion