Feeding and Nutrition :: How dangerous are plants exposed to pesticide for RES?

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:16 pm   How dangerous are plants exposed to pesticide for RES?

So from what I've read, pesticides are dangerous, but I dont know to what degree. What kinds of labelling guarantee a plant is safe, and if the plant is exposed to pesticides, can I just wash them? If I can just wash them, then what's the best way to properly wash them? If I can't just wash them, where in Mississauga/the general area near Toronto can I get plants that are safe?
BreadySetGo

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 am   Re: How dangerous are plants exposed to pesticide for RES?

Regardless of where you get them, you should wash/rinse it very well. It's nearly impossible to avoid pesticides, just buy the kinds that your local grocer offers and rinse them well. With lettuce, I rinse and rub them under cold water until the surfaces no longer feel slippery. You can also grow your own, and save quite a bit doing so.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:13 pm   Re: How dangerous are plants exposed to pesticide for RES?

Ah sorry, I read your reply a while ago but forgot to say thank you. So... thank you!
BreadySetGo

Return to Feeding and Nutrition