Feeding and Nutrition :: Is Mazuri considered a complete diet?

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 pm   Is Mazuri considered a complete diet?

Hello, i have recently aquired a new turtle, she is a female at about 8 inches long and she weighs 2.8lbs, i am keeping my water temp at about 77ish degrees right now, and i am wondering how much of the mazuri to feed her and is it considered complete nutrition or should i keep trying to get her to eat veggies?
Dunsten12

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:04 am   Re: Is Mazuri considered a complete diet?

Mazuri is a good pellet and so is Omega One (easier to find). I would say neither is a complete diet but do help balance one out. If you feed every day, use a pellet around 1/4 or 1/3 the size of her head. Try using a veggie clip for her lettuce. Also try other kinds of veggies, like carrots.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:12 am   Re: Is Mazuri considered a complete diet?

Okay cool thank you, im gonna need bigger pellets then, and im still trying to figure out what she likes and if/how spoiled she has been. So far she has nibbled a bit of red lettuce, and seemed almost offended to the carrots
Dunsten12

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:18 am   Re: Is Mazuri considered a complete diet?

The veggie clips work well to introduce them to lettuce. It only costs a couple of bucks and a local pet store should have it in the fish section. If the turtle is pretty healthy, you can just not offer any pellets until she takes to the lettuce but she won't be happy about it.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:50 am   Re: Is Mazuri considered a complete diet?

Okay and again thank you very much, and i agree some tough love is in order, regardless of the puppy dog eyes
Dunsten12

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:37 pm   Re: Is Mazuri considered a complete diet?

No problem, glad I can help!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Feeding and Nutrition