Urgent Care :: Turtle poop concerns

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:37 pm   Turtle poop concerns

Hello,

I have a Red Eared Slider that is 65 years old and recently she had some poop that concerns me about her health. Since yesterday she has been lethargic and sleepy, usually she is an active turtle that swims a lot and tries to escape her tank. Today she was still acting sleepy and taking naps, in the afternoon I found that she had pooped on her basking log. The poop came out similar to diarrhea and mushy, there was also this solid jelly like substance that had some mucus on it that was next to her poop. I brought the turtle greens, veggies and fruit to eat, along with reptile turtle pellets and mealworms. However, this morning I saw the strawberries I brought went bad and started to have mold. I am not sure if the strawberries made her sick or if she has parasites.

I am not sure what is going on with the turtle but if any one might have any advice or suggestions as to what is possibly wrong with my turtle.
turtlecaretaker89

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:51 pm   Re: Turtle poop concerns

I would be more concerned about lethargy. Has there been a change in what she normally eats? Parasites are a bit rare, I would simplify the diet (using mainly pellets) and keep an eye on the poop.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care