Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: I’m new and excited

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:23 am   I’m new and excited

Hello my name is Seth. I have 5 red eared sliders. Their names are ( oldest to youngest) thunder lightning moonlight don and Donny. They are kept in a 125 gallon aquarium full to the top with a custom basking area with plenty of room for them all. I have 2 mercury vapor bulbs for their basking area and 2 36 inch fluorescent bulbs hanging over it along with a couple led lights under the basking area. I run 4 canister filters 2 penn plax cascade 1200s a sunsun 304b and a sunsun 302. All have matrix and a bag of purigen along with filter floss and nitrate pads. I also run 3 surface skimmers at the moment. 2 odyssea clean 100s and a eheim skim 350. ( I think I’ll end up just running 2 skim 350s ). I use filter sand as substrate and only have a couple resin rock statues and drift wood. My biggest turtle is 7 inches the smallest is almost 2 inches. I’ve only had them since September and have learned a lot since then. I also have 6 mystery snails and might get a large pleco soon. I really enjoy the hobby and I’m happy to have a home where I can ask questions. Please let me know what you think and let me know how to use the site. Thank y’all in advance. -Seth
Seth Getchell

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:06 pm   Re: I’m new and excited

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have your hands full! Any pics of the turts and setup? As with any turtle community, keep a look out for aggression. What does feeding time look like? It must be a riot :lol:
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:11 pm   Re: I’m new and excited

I will post photos tonight. And feeding time is every 2 days. We pull them all out and feed them in the bathtub. They are pretty mellow for the most part when food is involved.
Seth Getchell

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.