Urgent Care :: Turtle not eating, bloated, hard for him to walk HELP PLEASE

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:30 pm   Turtle not eating, bloated, hard for him to walk HELP PLEASE

I have a red ear slider that I have had for about a year and a half. He is foating at the top not moving much. He is not eating. He seems bloated and he seems to struggle to walk. Please Help
Thanks
Jamie
JME
OSUJME

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:12 pm   

take it to a vet...DUH...jeez people...

P.S. - Sorry buddy, from the sound of it your turtle is probably reallllly sick. How do you take care of him? How big is your tank? How much water is your filter rated for? How often do you change the water? Do you have a place for the turtle to dry off completely? A Basking lamp? UVB flourescent lighting? Get back to me.
From the homegrowers soul, straight to his lungs. That's the method that I myself find fun. Start from seed and then you'll see, just how fun homegrowing can be.
da sAUCE!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:02 pm   

da Sauce..
keep it on the level man. There's always going to be newcomers who don't know what to do. no need to blast them.
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:52 pm   

otay
From the homegrowers soul, straight to his lungs. That's the method that I myself find fun. Start from seed and then you'll see, just how fun homegrowing can be.
da sAUCE!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:52 pm   

Jamie,

Have you taken him to a vet? How's he doing?
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Return to Urgent Care