Photo Gallery :: Sheba's new tank set up - UPDATED

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:28 pm   Sheba's new tank set up - UPDATED

UPDATE: As you guys know, I upgraded to a brand new 90 gal tank set up for my adult RES & she loves the extra room! In the last week & a half, I added a platform, large tree root, new Fluval 4 submersible filter, and Zoo med lamp for Sheba. The water level seems to be working out well, and I actually like having the aquarium canopy open since it gives her more air. I plan on adding a few rocks, but I will have to run out to some build sites to pick some up! In the meantime, she seems fairly happy & I think I got her basic needs under control. See pics below.

Kristin's Pond! Starring:

RES = "Sheba", 21+ yrs. old
African Clawed Frog = "Prog", 10 yrs old
& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:28 pm   

She is cool! So what about the plant she likes to re arrange...Sorry to bother again but how many gals is this tank? Have you had Sheba all 17 years? And How many inches is she? MIne are growing so fast! I am still debating on wheather I want a big tank inside to watch them swim...or a pond outside. They were 1 inch in March and now almost 4!!!
1 Big Dog, 3 Cats, 2 RES Turtles and plenty o' fish
RiverChubbs

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:54 pm   

Sheba is a very pretty girl! I love the basking picture, she looks so relaxed!
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
scripta_elegans

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:06 pm   

Im trying to get a new setup for my two little res. would it be bold of me to ask how much it cost you to get such an exelent setup?
"How can we rise up if we have not fallen?"
--------------------------------------------------
\,,\ Edguy /,,/
Ferd

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:00 pm   

She looks great! I just want to rub her chin in that last pic :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:45 am   

RiverChubbs wrote:She is cool! So what about the plant she likes to re arrange...Sorry to bother again but how many gals is this tank? Have you had Sheba all 17 years? And How many inches is she? MIne are growing so fast! I am still debating on wheather I want a big tank inside to watch them swim...or a pond outside. They were 1 inch in March and now almost 4!!!

Thanks! I haven't found an aquarium plant I like yet (most of them seem kind of flimsy & I am afraid she would tear it up & eat it), so that's why there isn't one in there yet. To answer your questions, it is a 90-gal tank (20" width so she has plenty of room to turn around without hitting the glass). My big baby has been with me all 17 yrs (she was only about 6 inches when I first got her & now she is up to 11 inches long!).

I am planning to get some of that aquarium pond wallpaper for the back of the tank so it doesn't look so plain. It just wasn't high on the priority list.

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:53 am   

Ferd wrote:Im trying to get a new setup for my two little res. would it be bold of me to ask how much it cost you to get such an exellent setup?

This is a 90-gal tank & the cabinet was custom-order. It cost me $800 for the set up & $100 delivery/setup fee (they fill it up & haul the old tank away for that amount of money).

Based on what I saw at the larger pet stores, the cost for a set up like this wasn't unreasonable (I shopped around for a month before actually settling on this). The glass is pretty thick on a 90 gal & it needs to be properly supported from underneath because it is just so darn heavy. You just can't get much cheaper than that if you want something reliable. I trusted the pet store where I purchased this setup because they specialize in larger tanks (75+ gal) for saltwater setups.

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:58 am   

Hoooneylynn wrote:I love that basking ramp.. it goes up twice right? It looks small in the first pic, and then it looks huge...the top of it kinda looks like a diving board lol.. has the bottom of her shell always been dark like that? that tree root looks cool!

The basking ramp does go up twice. I ordered it from that Dr Foster website (got the link off this RES forum somewhere).

Yup, my Sheba has always been black underneath.

Regarding that tree root, I think I found it a Petco. It cost me around $30, but Sheba LOVES it. She sits on it all the time. When I first got it I had it in the opposite corner of the tank. Sheba would wedge herself underneath it, stand up, & walk with it to move it to the other side of the tank. It made a lot of noise & it was funny to watch.

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:01 am   

steve wrote:She looks great! I just want to rub her chin in that last pic :)

I often do! LOL

& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:57 am   

I love that basking ramp.. it goes up twice right? It looks small in the first pic, and then it looks huge...the top of it kinda looks like a diving board lol.. has the bottom of her shell always been dark like that? that tree root looks cool!
¨*:·.-:¦:- Jessica -:¦:-·:*¨
Female RES, Karlyn AKA "Moochie" :mrgreen:
Hoooneylynn

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:14 pm   

Nice set up! She's a big girl!

I like that tree root! Is it real wood? Or artificial? I think Ralph needs something like that for his tank, but all I've seen where I live are the smaller size ones (which really wouldn't be practical at all :P)
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
BullDog

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:58 pm   

Hi Sheba's Mommy. How do you get your pump to stay in place under water. I have that same one but smaller (for up to 30 gals) and the turtles always take it off it's track and it just kinda floats under water wherever, as you can see in the pics.

1 Big Dog, 3 Cats, 2 RES Turtles and plenty o' fish
RiverChubbs

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:01 am   

RiverChubbs - I think I used to have one similar to that... I used an elastic to keep it on the track (which has the sucktion cups on it, right?)
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
BullDog

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:19 am   

Industrial_girl_2000, the price you paid was real similar to what I paid. I got a 100 gallon tank with a nice oak cabinet for about $800. The price included delivery and set-up. It didn't come with a canopy but I did get glass covers and portable flourescent fixtures. It wasn't a custom order - I found it at an aquarium store that sells mostly salt water aquariums. One of the stores I shopped at would have made a custom setup for me to any specification.
SpotsMama
SpotsMama
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:28 am   

Now THATS a beautiful turtle.....
grey goose

Next

Return to Photo Gallery