Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Her name is tank

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:11 pm   Her name is tank

Hi I go by the name kitten online but my turtles name is tank. She was a rescue at 4inches long almost a year ago. At the time I had no idea what a turtle needed or the huge amount of work they took and how mucg money. I did my research and offered her my very best and got her shell and health in good condition again gave her a hugely larger tank and proper lighting and Temps, got her on the correct diet, and unfortunately had to work with the poor fish filter I'd had but she was healthy and happy finally. Granted she was VERY aggressive but I got her on the right track and I love her. I'm still working to improve every day and we've nearly got it perfect. Almost time for another tank upgrade!
TankTheTurt

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:38 pm   Re: Her name is tank

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're doing a great job with Tank :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 am   Re: Her name is tank

I try my best <3 this is her big upgrade I've been working all week on. The blue lights are just viewing leds in the front. I keep them relatively dim and most often white unless my son gets ahold of the controller to change them somehow and shut them off at night.
TankTheTurt

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:54 am   Re: Her name is tank

Nvm I guess I can't upload a picture :/
TankTheTurt

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:15 am   Re: Her name is tank

What happened when you tried to upload? If it doesn't work, you can email them to me and I'll resize them or you can use a 3rd party host like imgur and embed the images here.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:57 am   Re: Her name is tank

Hi from Piggley and I , Good on the rescue for Tank. Sound's like you will be a good parent doing your homework for her.

You can resize your photo's to about 800x800 like for emails to work on the forum so you have total control.
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:11 pm   Re: Her name is tank

https://imgur.com/gallery/4A3y5qI before and after upgrades minus the vinyl tank backing my friend gifted me last night.
TankTheTurt

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:58 pm   Re: Her name is tank

Lots more swimming room. Tank will love that !

Does it have a cover above basking area ? If not any egg crate still to make one ? From basking dock she could use the egg crate as a ladder . Only reason I ask ( cant tell from photo) is that turtles are great climbers and escape artist. Would be long way to the floor.
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:32 pm   Re: Her name is tank

She does have a rather heavy wire mesh tank topper on top of the egg crate which is where her heat and ubv lamp sit, and before anyone asks I did cut a hole in the mesh for the uvb to pass through. Lol
TankTheTurt

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:03 pm   Re: Her name is tank

Looks very nice. What does the PVC all the way to the right do?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:30 pm   Re: Her name is tank

The pvc on the right is the frame to hold up her basking spot. I wanted to make something I could remove easily if need be. The larger tube underneath that is a guard for her heater suction cupped to the side of her tank so that she doesn't break it or burn herself on it. It has lots of holes drilled in it so that the water can flow freely and the heater just sits inside.
TankTheTurt

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:28 am   Re: Her name is tank

That's great. We make that suggestion sometimes, looks like you thought of everything :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 am   Re: Her name is tank

I have anxiety. Bahahaha it's in my nature to over think everything XD
TankTheTurt

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:18 am   Re: Her name is tank

Your tank looks lovely!! :) Turtles do cost a lot at first, but once their habitat is all set they are quite low maintenance IMO. Glad she found a lovely owner like you!
PokePony

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.