Urgent Care :: My turtle has red skin between his toes while basking.

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:07 pm   My turtle has red skin between his toes while basking.

My 12 year old RES got a new basking area this summer. He's spending a lot of time up there, and I've noticed that he's started to get red in between his toes, but only when basking. Is this a normal thing?
Frieda is my 12 year old RES. I was 3 when I got him, and didn't really know how to take care of him. Now I'm trying to learn more about him to give him a better tank set up and life.
friedaRES

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:19 pm   Re: My turtle has red skin between his toes while basking.

Can you post a picture of it? I think what you’re asking is normal, maybe it’s more visible under the strong basking light.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:08 pm   Re: My turtle has red skin between his toes while basking.

steve wrote:Can you post a picture of it? I think what you’re asking is normal, maybe it’s more visible under the strong basking light.

I don't know how to post a picture.
Frieda is my 12 year old RES. I was 3 when I got him, and didn't really know how to take care of him. Now I'm trying to learn more about him to give him a better tank set up and life.
friedaRES

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:26 pm   Re: My turtle has red skin between his toes while basking.

On the bottom center of this page, look for "full editor" then "Upload attachment" then choose your file, then "add the file". Or upload somewhere else and post the link or send me an email with it and I'll upload it.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care