Habitat - Indoor :: Turtle Tank necesities

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:11 pm   Turtle Tank necesities

I have been a RES owner for a couple of year now, and I have had to upgrade my turtles tank a couple of times, but now I need to upgrade his tank to a 50 gallon, and I was wondering from what website should I buy it from, and what website is the most reliable. I also need a new basking dock, filter, and heater, and I also need to know where to buy those, so I was just wondering from what side and or where I should buy these items from, if you could give me a few sources that would be great!
Mikey235

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:23 pm   Re: Turtle Tank necesities

I would make a list of what you need an enter that list in several price tracker programs. Not just one because they have contracts only with a few companies. Use several to find best price. You will see the different company's they push.

You say a male and couple years old , if truly a male save on small upgrades and go with his final adult tank and save a lot of money. You already done two upgrades this would be a third and then a fourth. Stay away from any "kits" for turtles it's a total waste of money ! Useless / inadequate items !

In my time I haven't found "a" store to offer the best price on everything. Tanks go on sale at one time , filters another time and so on. Sounds like you have time to shop around and monitor prices with several price trackers will save a lot of money. Please stay away from so called kits !

Shopping at one store is convenient but does not always end with the best total price.
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:30 am   Re: Turtle Tank necesities

There a a few sales a year on 55 gallon tanks for $55, perfect size for a male RES. However, I would check craigslist (set up an alert), you will find great deals if you act fast.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:40 am   Re: Turtle Tank necesities

Craigslist is good too , use good sense on where you meet and bring someone with you ! Think personal safety , things have / can happened !
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:04 pm   Re: Turtle Tank necesities

Craigslist has served me well over the years. I even got a 30 gallon tank with gravel and a filter for free once.
SimpsonsPond

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:14 pm   Re: Turtle Tank necesities

Petco and Pet Supplies Plus (if those are near you both have $1/gallon sales). Petco's sale does not include 40, 55, or 75 gal aquariums. Those are half off right now. Pet Supplies Plus $1/gallon is all sizes up to and including 55Gal.
VeipaCray

Return to Habitat - Indoor