General Care Discussion :: Poop Party !!!

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:04 pm   Poop Party !!!

We are having a poop party. Our oldest Fred(30) has been unwell since January to the point where we thought we would lose him.

I will add a complete story later and hopefully it will help others. He is now eating sticks on his own and is alert and moving at 70% of his former self. Good sized poops 2 days in a row.

( i noticed photobucket has left is mark of greed here too)
I will post pics.

Fred's Dad
Children that fit in the palm of your hand.
skipolippers

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:26 pm   Re: Poop Party !!!

Glad to hear he's better!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:46 am   Re: Poop Party !!!

Best wishes for him
Rafat Mahmud

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:25 pm   Re: Poop Party !!!

He had pneumonia, gave him meds. We had to pry his mouth open with a whittled down popsicle stick and inject food in his mouth. He could hardly hold up his head.

His meds solved the problem but may have constipated him.

I mixed softened Reptomin sticks with multi vitamin, vitamin D, echinacea and olive oil.

Some meals consisted of boiled or shaved fresh carrots, fresh yellow beans, cooked chicken breast, steak (no added ingredients, cherries, banana, orange, beet greens, potatoes to vary his diet.

He eventually pooped ( I think it was months for anything normal size) now he opens his mouth and get excited for the syringe of food.

when there was a sunny day he was out tanning.

every morning and every night he was hugged min 1 hour, he got physio on his legs, slowly moved in and out and now wants his feet rubbed everytime we hold him.

he is now swimming at about 90%, seems he needs physio for his arms.

We eventually added bottled baby food to his diet ( loves creamed corn and apple blueberry for desert. )

tracking his food the orange carrots with dark spinach traces have stopped (served about a month ago) and now seeing "mixed vegetables" beige.

More details later.
thanks for positive posts!
Children that fit in the palm of your hand.
skipolippers

Return to General Care Discussion