General Care Discussion :: What is happening with my turtle?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:36 pm   What is happening with my turtle?

I'm not sure what is happening with my RES. I received this turtle about 6 months ago along with the other one. Both turtles have been thriving in my care they have a nice big tank to swim around & a rock in which they can bask, however, i see there are these spots that appeared on one of them I'm unsure of what it means. I looked it up and was told it was either fungus/bacteria there was no definite answer, I'd like to know if anyone could tell me what is going on so I can get the appropriate help for my turtle. Thank you.
Attachments
IMG_4261.JPG
Shell
nomiseline

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:28 pm   Re: What is happening with my turtle?

Which spots are you referring to? There is some shedding going on, but some of the growth rings are an indication of overfeeding/excessive growth.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:56 am   Re: What is happening with my turtle?

Sorry not to respond earlier went overnight fishing to the floating rigs to stock up freezer for the winter time. Like Steve // see shedding. May not have a full shed or a fast shed , see some of the Keratin coloration darker with some older scutes when I blow up your photo. Do not try and help by pulling them off let nature do it's thing could cause damage.
Adjusting it's diet over time will help , yes hard when they beg but needed. I've been doing this for decades and you can look at my Piggley seeing he has large growth rings. That is my fault !!! I / we need to do better with feedings.
litefoot

Return to General Care Discussion