Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Check out my setup!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 am   Check out my setup!

Hi folks, hope all is well. I just re constructed my Red Ear Sliders setup and i would like to show it to everyone for some feedback,tips and suggestions! I Will attach it to this post, please let me know if it works.
Attachments
don1.jpg
don1.jpg (45.35 KiB) Viewed 7880 times
don 3.jpg
don 2.jpg
don 2.jpg (36.24 KiB) Viewed 7881 times
DonniesDad27

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:39 pm   Re: Check out my setup!

The big question , how does your turtle like it ? They normally let use know that.

Under basking area is that a secondary filter that's submersible ? See your heater in back corner.

What type bulb on basking area ?

Don't see the turtle ? What size ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:47 am   Re: Check out my setup!

That tank looks so cool ^^
Just put your uvb bulb towards the basking area as well :)
Can we see the turtle too ?
PokePony

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 am   Re: Check out my setup!

Hey Thanks for the feedback folks! Not sure how to reply directly so I will put one reply for both!

He seems to like it alot! Hes always swimming around and messing with the plants and rocks, when im in the room he basically stares at me and wants out of his tank i let him walk around the house all the time! Yes there is a secondary submersible filter that works great. Yep heater in back corner I keep the tank at about 76 degrees and the basking area is about 85 degrees. AND YES sorry i forgot to mention i normally have both lights on the basking area.. I just did that for the picture for lighting. The bulb is a 75 WAT for the heat lamp.

My Donny Boy is about 5 inches now! I will post a pic of him for sure ill see what i ahve on my phone.
DonniesDad27

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:56 am   Re: Check out my setup!

Not sure how to post more pics on this post, so do i make a new post?
DonniesDad27

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:05 am   Re: Check out my setup!

Observe Donny Boy well sure you will see him saying thank you for giving him a good home. Turtle are very personable !

I would assume from the two bulbs you have one is a heat bulb and other "UVB". What type of UVB you like to use ? From photo light from both are on the whitish side. I like to keep up with different UVB's for the info.
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:11 am   Re: Check out my setup!

Once your post is answered / replied to you can not add or edit anything. To add pic's click post reply under this topic is one way . Or under photo gallery could add photos there but for now being related to this topic I would add them here . Just make sure you resize them to fit forum. I found 816x612 works great here and any emails.
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:01 pm   Re: Check out my setup!

Looks great! Just be aware that the wood might get moldy while in contact with water. And treated lumbar is a big no... you can substitute it with PVC however.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.