General Care Discussion :: Plz help

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:03 pm   Plz help

I need help finding out if it's ok to keep the light on in my room at night don't know if it will disturb my wife's baby res plz help ty
elidennabella

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:26 am   Re: Plz help

Some turtles don't care about the light and sleep, some like mine won't go to sleep unless it's dark.
If your turtle is like mine maybe you can fabricate some cover for your tank.
PokePony

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:54 am   Re: Plz help

They are diurnal like us, so put your lights on a timer. On @ sunrise, off @ sunset.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:05 am   Re: Plz help

im not talking about the tank lights but the bedroom light will try putting something over the tank to see if that works ty
elidennabella

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:30 pm   Re: Plz help

That will work for the turtle to stay on a day / night cycle so you can keep the room light on. Safety First , just make sure it does not touch the hot light fixture when they do come on or before you can remove the cover. Fixtures get very hot and could cause a fire. Always safety first .
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:56 am   Re: Plz help

If there is enough room on your stand, you can make a little DIY and put black plastic sheet against the tank. Make it taller than your installation so you can then put a fifth sheet at the top. Your turtle will be completely isolated !

I do recommend not covering the top entirely so your tank won't get too hot ! I had to cover my tank for a night once and did so with a towel. In the morning it was overheating. So maybe leave a space uncovered, where your turtle don't sleep :)
PokePony

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:00 am   Re: Plz help

Ty I cut up a piece of a sheet and used that bc it's thin I just don't want kahuna(my wife's res)to not be able to sleep
elidennabella

Return to General Care Discussion