Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi! I got adopted by a RES...nice to find this forum.

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:08 am   Hi! I got adopted by a RES...nice to find this forum.

Hi guys. I was recently surprised to find (on my way out the door to work, late of course) a quarter+ sized RES all sandy and dry walking in my carport. Grateful that I didn't step on the little guy, I knew I had a trip to the aquarium store in my future. There was no way I was going to release him, being so small and a potentially tasty snack for a heron, snook, or raccoon. So I find myself here. :)

The funny thing is, this is the third time I've found a tiny turtle in an unlikely (and very dangerous) place. I found another RES walking right across the doorway of a 7-11, heavy foot traffic and all. A few weeks later I found a tiny little Florida Cooter walking along the road while strolling with my dog. I raised both to full size then released them in a private lake because of landlord restrictions (RES are considered invasive here in South Florida, so I chose a private lake).

Anyway, it's nice to see other turtle folk and the habitats they've created for their shell-ebrities! I look forward to asking newb questions and posting way too many pics and videos of "JJ". :msgreen:
Attachments
jj-first.jpg
JJ gets some much-needed water while Mom gets an aquarium :)
DebbieDeNeese

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:19 am   Re: Hi! I got adopted by a RES...nice to find this forum.

Glad you're able to save all those hatchlings! Welcome to the forum!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:28 am   Re: Hi! I got adopted by a RES...nice to find this forum.

welcome ! what a nice 'hobby' you have, saving scaly friends :) good job !
PokePony

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:10 pm   Re: Hi! I got adopted by a RES...nice to find this forum.

Belated Hello and welcome from Piggley.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:18 pm   Re: Hi! I got adopted by a RES...nice to find this forum.

Welcome! I'm a new RES mom myself. I have already found this forum very helpful.
Melita

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.