Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Little RES adopted me :-)

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:17 pm   Little RES adopted me :-)

I've had many turtles over my life, but it's been 20 years since the last one happened into my life. Sure enough, I was putting out garbage right before work and I looked down and found a little guy smaller than a quarter hobbling into my carport. It's pretty amazing considering my house is a couple blocks from the nearest canal. That being said, this adorable little hatchling is doing pretty well in my preliminary habitat (20G long, Tetra whisper 20, UVB & heat lamps, and a floating dock.). It seems to be cool with ZooMed hatchling pellets and a few mealworms and tiny pond snails. This little fella has gone from a dried-up, sandy mess to a really active, predatory turtlet in no time! Looking forward to ensuring he/she has a great future.

Happy turtling,

Debbie :mrgreen:
DebbieDeNeese

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:04 am   Re: Little RES adopted me :-)

Welcome to the forum! So glad you found him :) I would probably do a sweep around your area, there might be others looking for a new home too.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:40 am   Re: Little RES adopted me :-)

Hello and welcome ! Well done on the rescue.
litefoot

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:50 am   Re: Little RES adopted me :-)

Steve is right, if there's one hatchling then you can be sure another one is not too far ! If you have a herp shelter around it might be nice :)

Welcome and nice job on the rescue !
PokePony

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.