General Care Discussion :: Res sleeps outside water but under my blankets

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 pm   Res sleeps outside water but under my blankets

I let my turtle sleep under blankets through the whole night. Will that affect his health?! :|
He stays asleep through the whole night!!!
3lianaaa

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:25 pm   Re: Res sleeps outside water but under my blankets

That's nice but have heard horror stories of turtles suffocating or being thrown to the floor by accident. Things can happen. It's your call?

Is this the one inch turtle you posted in June? If so a big no , still to small and the shell may still be pliable.
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:02 am   Re: Res sleeps outside water but under my blankets

I would let it sleep in a box near your bed, on a desk maybe ? Make sure it cannot climb out of it.
PokePony

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 am   Re: Res sleeps outside water but under my blankets

Why are you doing this to begin with? What's his regular setup like?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 am   Re: Res sleeps outside water but under my blankets

steve wrote:Why are you doing this to begin with? What's his regular setup like?

Chill dude i only dis for two nighta because I noticed he would fall asleep right away when he was put inside a box filled with pillows. But i worried so I didn’t do it any more and he is 4 inches now
3lianaaa

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:14 pm   Re: Res sleeps outside water but under my blankets

25 + years and counting, I have been sleeping with the kids. Does not seem to affect their health. They actually enjoy it, quiet, dark, warm, secure and all theirs. I am fortunate that when I hold a child I do not move, I stay absolutely still. After anywhere from 30 minutes to 6 hrs I get up and put them in their bed.

Yes caution must be taken not to squish them, only you know how safe you are.
Children that fit in the palm of your hand.
skipolippers

Return to General Care Discussion