Habitat - Indoor :: Tank Filtration

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:19 pm   Tank Filtration

I have a tank (75 gallon) where one side seems to collect debris as the canister filter is on the opposite side where the plug is located. Should I use something on the other side to push the particulate towards the filter on the other side? If so what can you recommend? The filter is rated for a 200 gallons so I have plenty of power for cleaning the amount of water.
newcomerCDN

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:55 pm   Re: Tank Filtration

Sometimes people over think a problem , keep it simple , a proper size extension cord or power strip to extend it.
If not DIY and modify / change flow so no dead spots in tank. From what you say to push to other side , sounds like inlet and outlet on same side of tank creating dead spot on the other side. You said canister type , so only need a short hose to correct. Photo will tell all can you post one ?

Flow rates are calculated without media by manufactures ! 200 gph is good for a baby or a small juvenile , once around 3" the bio load will be to great. Thus should be cleaned weekly with 25% water changes to help. Do you have it setup with media that came with filter ?

What are the parameters of the water ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:52 am   Re: Tank Filtration

What brand filter?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:21 pm   Re: Tank Filtration

Problem solved just needed to do some moving of furniture in the tank. Input and output were basically side by side and now are on opposite walls of the tank.
newcomerCDN

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 pm   Re: Tank Filtration

Da Da Daaa ! Simple fix great news.
litefoot

Return to Habitat - Indoor