Habitat - Indoor :: Seachem

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:15 am   Seachem

Does anyone knows what's the difference between seachem stability and seachem pristine..?

And the "good bacteria" is suppose to eat all the natural waste that my turtle produce right?Sorry i'm fairly new to turtle/aquatic animals keeping.
Aurelia

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:36 pm   Re: Seachem

Hello and welcome !

Stability is used to help jump start your bio filter for those who don't want to wait the 5-8 weeks needed for that. ( cycling )

Pristine is for helping to break down the waste in a tank. A proper bio filter will take care of that.

First a turtle can go right in a new tank it does not have to be cycled , they breath like us ! If you have a good filter with a good media setup for a turtle having it in tank will help kick start the bio filter / cycling.

Good read : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30145

Now if you want fish in there to ( good fish) then cycling the tank is a must for the fish. But they will only become turtle food !

Most long time turtle keepers are trying to keep thing's / chemicals out our water ! I have Not used any chemicals for decades. I am old school and let nature help me , it seems to do well on its own. Once you start with chemicals , one for up and one for down.... most tend to stay with chemicals. That's not for me , it's your call on that.
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:23 am   Re: Seachem

So what should i get?
Last edited by Aurelia on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelia

Post Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:50 am   Re: Seachem

Please read what I wrote , "re-read" !!!

You are getting confused , I never said "pristine" jump starts a bio filter. That's what the seachem "stability" does !!!

What type , size and brand filter you have ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:34 am   Re: Seachem

I only use activated carbon and seachem purigen. I also have bio media, but I let that happen organically.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:56 am   Re: Seachem

steve wrote:I only use activated carbon and seachem purigen. I also have bio media, but I let that happen organically.

Thanks for the reply ! :D
Aurelia

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 pm   Re: Seachem

I'm also a carbon and purigen fan with bio media , great combination for a turtle ! Also let nature do most the work , no chemicals. I'm doing this over 50 years and still like the old school ways with no chemicals.
litefoot

Return to Habitat - Indoor