Habitat - Indoor :: Cycling tank..

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:57 pm   Cycling tank..

Can i put my turtle in my tank during cycling?According to a website,they said it is okay since turtle is hardy animal compared to fish.
astera12345

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:13 pm   Re: Cycling tank..

Yes , you can they breath like us and will not be a problem for your turtle. If you add fish depending on how you are cycling the tank may take 5-8weeks to cycle correctly.

Are you or did you build an "ATBA" so you can fill tank full ? Your turtle should be 4-4 1/2" by now and would love the extra swim room. If not you can still fill tank , raise basking area and make a Plexiglas shield around the top rim of the tank to prevent splashing and escape.

What filter you decide on ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:28 am   Re: Cycling tank..

I haven't bought it yet..still deciding..I might build the ATBA..Thanks for the answer btw :)
astera12345

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 am   Re: Cycling tank..

If your turtle is the same as the one in your lettuce post it's a girl for sure , in you earlier post you said a "he".
You may want to start thinking about her final setup females will get 12" , needing 120 gallons water alone ! Also a filter rated 360-480 gallon flow ! That day will come fast , yet another upgrade or two to have a healthy turtle. As soon as you can I would save money on those little upgrade's and go directly to an adult tank. In the long run that would save you money ! This hobby is long term with turtles living some 50 plus years !
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:53 pm   Re: Cycling tank..

Just make sure the water temperature is right.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:01 am   Re: Cycling tank..

steve wrote:Just make sure the water temperature is right.

Don't worry his water temp is fine :D
astera12345

Return to Habitat - Indoor