Urgent Care :: Need temporary setup help for nearly roadkill large RES

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:27 am   Re: Need temporary setup help for nearly roadkill large RES

Agreed. Glad you gave her a chance! Hopefully you will find someone who wants her soon.

Also, Petfinder?
Kingbird44

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:41 pm   Re: Need temporary setup help for nearly roadkill large RES

She didn't seem to go for lettuce but my dad brought over some floating turtle pellets for her. She seems to like sliced cucumber. Hopefully that's an acceptable diet until Wednesday when I take her to our local animal resource center, and another couple places I've been told to try. Thanks again for the assistance. You're all very helpful here :D
duchessren

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:36 pm   Re: Need temporary setup help for nearly roadkill large RES

Best for Wednesday for the both of you , thank you for your concern !
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:25 pm   Re: Need temporary setup help for nearly roadkill large RES

No luck today finding a home, but might have a lead on a place up near Cleveland... She's eating all of the floating ReptoMin sticks I put in the Rubbermaid container with her 2-3 times per day. I'm a bit afraid I might be overfeeding, but she's a big girl, all of 10"+. I've fed her a few tiny toads too (toads the size of a small fingernail are all over the driveway after it rains). She keeps her head out now when I go near her and acts more curious than afraid of me. I agree that she was probably a pet. I didn't realize they could climb so well. I'm going to have to get creative with what I can do to block the corners. Could falling to her back onto grass hurt her? She's done it numerous times and she doesn't really fall so much as slide back down gracelessly...
This pic is the highest I've seen her go.
https://ibb.co/htynQF
duchessren

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:58 pm   Re: Need temporary setup help for nearly roadkill large RES

The lungs are on the very top so when flipped over all the internal organ weight is on them making it hard to take a breath . Being on the grass a healthy turtle can correct itself with no problem fast.

Oh , the dig well to !

I have seen them climb a screen door ,curtains , up a sofa ,boy they climb !
litefoot

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:54 am   Re: Need temporary setup help for nearly roadkill large RES

Yep, she flips herself right back over, no problem. I'm sure it's not "good" for her to fall onto the back of her shell, I'm just hoping it doesn't crack or anything... some of the pictures I've seen are absolutely horrifying! She can't get very high and it's grass she's falling on. :o :msgreen:
Edit: a screen door!!?? That I'd like to see! /begins YouTube search :D
duchessren

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:18 am   Re: Need temporary setup help for nearly roadkill large RES

duchessren can you make a "new topic" under general so forum can have urgent clear , things sound under control ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYY2KViswng
litefoot

Previous

Return to Urgent Care