Urgent Care :: Accidentally put turtle in white wine.

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:48 am   Accidentally put turtle in white wine.

Hi. I accidentally put my baby RES into my grandmother's white wine to feed her (I feed her separately from her main tank). She was around fourteen grams the last time I took her to the vet, but I think she's grown by then, and is around maybe two and a half inches. Her water temperature is around 80 degrees F. She was not in the wine very long; I realized what was going on pretty quickly.

She's acting pretty normal, I think. She was kind of sluggish as she was eating (in NORMAL CLEAN water), though, and that worries me.

Things like this does not usually happen; my grandmother had set her unfinished wine glass beside my turtle's water, where I had set a glass of the same set in basically the same place, but she had removed the original glass and replaced it with the wine one. Unfortunately, I had a very busy day today, and I had to feed my turtle rather late, so I was tired and it was dark (to ensure I wouldn't wake up my grandma).

Please tell me my turtle will be alright. I really do love her. I'm really angry at both myself and my grandmother for this.
Greggo

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:47 am   Re: Accidentally put turtle in white wine.

If she's fine now, I think you will be OK. Keep an eye out for symptoms and behavioral changes. You should know who your nearest herp vets are just in case of an emergency.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care