General Care Discussion :: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..Here we go again

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:43 pm   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..

Good news indeed! Did she do it in the nesting tub? She must be exhausted.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:40 pm   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..

This time she laid in the cat carrier box I use it for transporting her. We just got home and I opened the carrier door for her and then I saw as she laid that egg.
After that I gave her warm bath and little bit food. and yes she was very exhausted...all that driving and needles and injections etc. all that causes stress so she slept on the floor about hour and half.
Today in the morning I gave her little bit cucumber and evening little bit carrot. She eats like there's no tomorrow.
Attachments
_MG_6527.jpg
_MG_6527.jpg (97.96 KiB) Viewed 4922 times
"When an animal puts their trust in us, may we never let them down..."
-April Peerless-
Madly

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:34 am   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..

I bet she enjoys being spoiled :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 am   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..

steve wrote:I bet she enjoys being spoiled :)

Who would not like to be pampered :roll:
-April Peerless-
Madly

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:51 am   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..Here we go again

So as I was saying..here we go again Last friday she was behaved little bit weird and saturday morning she started scratching a carpet...again. So it's tome to lay some eggs again..oh boy.
And today I know this...let me quote this:
"A female can lay between two and 30 eggs depending on body size and other factors. One female can lay up to five clutches in the same year, and clutches are usually spaced 12 to 36 days apart."
source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eared_slider

Wish us luck.
-April Peerless-
Madly

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 pm   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..Here we go again

Ever want a neighbors turtle/ turtle boyfriend to fertilize them? Haha , boy you will need a lot more room. And she can do this the rest of her life... I have enough going on with just Piggley at my age !
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:57 pm   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..Here we go again

litefoot wrote:Ever want a neighbors turtle/ turtle boyfriend to fertilize them? Haha , boy you will need a lot more room. And she can do this the rest of her life... I have enough going on with just Piggley at my age !

This world don't need more neglected turtles. Padfoot is one of them...unwanted pet who was released (thrown away) into the wild.
She was one little unhappy turtle when we first met and now she's totally opposite. It took year and a half when she completely started to trust us. And now she's one happy little turtle. :msgreen:
But unfortunately, not all of them were born under a lucky star and that makes me sad. :cry: and that's why I don't approve this turtle mating idea. I hope you understand. :roll:

PS! Two hours ago she laid five eggs. :roll:
-April Peerless-
Madly

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:22 pm   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..Here we go again

Was a joke that's why the Haha. I am 100% behind you on turtle breeding. That's why I have a hard time trying to answer certain post... I want my RES make babies. They think it will be cute. Then to them ugly when older and set free to wild , may not ever have a chance if not there natural habitat. Heard some put babies in wild because to much work. Wish I could tell certain people in the world to get a pet rock. Padfoot is very lucky to have a good parent now , that's why she loves you so much ! As happy as Piggley is , my child , I believe he loves his home and me too. Years ago I had a female only produce a few eggs in the 22 years with me. Padfoot is a machine!
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:07 am   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..Here we go again

Yes she is a machine :D Eats, sleeps, poops and repeats :D And we love her just the way she is...goofy little beggar.
About egg laying..vet said "She has way too good living conditions." :roll:
-April Peerless-
Madly

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:03 am   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..Here we go again

Because of those good living conditions they share all there personality's in our relationship ! What great memories we keep.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:09 am   Re: Padfoot wants to lay some eggs ..Here we go again

Totally agree :roll:
-April Peerless-
Madly

Previous

Return to General Care Discussion