Equipment Review and Discussion :: Mega Ray user's...

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:17 pm   Mega Ray user's...

What's the difference with a mega ray in the purplish box then the one in green box for turtles ! Just not clear to me , please help. Thank's

160watt purplish box min 18" @ 150-200 microwatts max 24" 50-75 cost $45 Only says UV ??? ( what kind uv is it only uva or only uvb)
160watt green box min 18" @ 150-200 microwatts max 24" 50-75 cost $100 says UVA / UVB
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:02 am   Re: Mega Ray user's...

Are you looking at these on Amazon? Those look like old designs.

I recommend you get these straight from the company - http://www.reptileuv.com/

The Mega-Ray 160 watt Self-Ballasted Flood UVB Lamp is $46.95 (plus shipping), and they sometimes have coupons on their site/facebook page

New one on the right (not my pics)

DSC00188.JPG
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:38 am   Re: Mega Ray user's...

Thanks' Steve , just a marketing /package thing ! Yes amazon to compare. Was just lazy to really look around and find the answer sorry. Shopping around is key online should practice what I preach !
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:12 am   Re: Mega Ray user's...

They have changed it a lot, that's poor marketing on their behalf :) For the Mega-Ray, for a long time they have sold their bulb exclusively on their site. 3rd party sales might void any warranty.

If you buy from Amazon, be aware they don't have the greatest prices all the time. There are also a lot of counterfeits on their site, even items that say "Fulfilled by Amazon".

Lastly, checkout https://camelcamelcamel.com/ -- they keep a price history on many Amazon items, and you can send yourself an alert if the price drops.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 am   Re: Mega Ray user's...

Now a days I mainly use amazon just for comparison , lots in one place. I've been mad with them since the start of charging taxes in Louisiana first of this year! To do that they need a building , store , warehouse , something in the state. According to them don't have any but charging taxes ! Gone from buying $$$'s to $ and I let them know it. And boy you have to really watch those third party vendors , prices ! If I see something I like I go direct and bypass amazon. Used that price check since it first came out.
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm   Re: Mega Ray user's...

The taxes come up because of their affiliates, at least that was the case in New York State. They are doing a lot more and are experimenting with local deliveries and physical stores. Still, Amazon does have its benefits even though it's unfortunate that they removed price protection.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:04 pm   Re: Mega Ray user's...

I got my last one from Amazon in February. It was in the new style packaging and looked identical to previous bulbs purchased direct. At least for me, no issues buying through Amazon for this bulb.
VeipaCray

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion