Feeding and Nutrition :: Rep Cal

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:53 pm   Re: Rep Cal

MrMikeSam

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:22 am   Re: Rep Cal

Nice tank Mike. What's the thing under the thermometer? Be careful since they can climb hardware cloth and the basking lamp is a little too close.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:24 am   Re: Rep Cal

That is a seachem ammonia alert, I have the basking lamps on 3M hooks so I will be able to move the lamp.
MrMikeSam

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:22 am   Re: Rep Cal

I had a neighbor come over one day , I don't know how to tell you but you have a turtle climbing up your curtains ! The outside has a rubberized backing for extra insulation which made it easy for him to climb. Always amazing !
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:06 am   Re: Rep Cal

Seachem ammonia alert... great idea! I just added that to my buy list. :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 am   Re: Rep Cal

I've had that though go through my head a few times. But I made the cover so that it sits on top of the lid and outside the tank in others. I also used paperclips to hold the cover in place where the basking legs almost touch the top of the cover. I also made it where she cannot climb out even if she reaches. I made max water lines so she can never get higher.
MrMikeSam

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:14 am   Re: Rep Cal

It's funny to a point how we treat our turtles but right to. Hell Piggley gets a better diet than I do or should... One day Piggley might pamper me ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:31 pm   Re: Rep Cal

I was checking out the Jell-O shots in the nutrition section and everything (other than the pellets) is natural, rather that all this processed crap that sometimes I eat. We really do spoil our turtles. Too bad she's not a Sulcata so when she gets older she can give my kids rides. But I love watching her swim around at night
MrMikeSam

Previous

Return to Feeding and Nutrition