General Care Discussion :: pink lines on top of red ear slider shell

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:14 am   pink lines on top of red ear slider shell

Hi everyone! today i noticed that my red ear slider seems to have these pinkish lines that are visible faintly on the top of her shell, ive looked at a bunch of turtle shell conditions and i havent found anything similar to what my little girl has. the lines resemble a rib cage i guess? looks like there is a pink line down the centre and perpendicular like 4 times. if anyone has any ideas that would be great! i will bring her to a vet soon but she seems happy all the time and doesnt look sick so i thought i would ask you guys first! thanks a lot!!
dannysaurrex

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:43 am   Re: pink lines on top of red ear slider shell

Any pictures? It could be an indication of growth or some bacterial buildup.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:08 am   Re: pink lines on top of red ear slider shell

steve wrote:Any pictures? It could be an indication of growth or some bacterial buildup.

Hi Steve!

sorry i have been working all day but here are some images with their basking light on so it is a little bright but i can see some pink-ish lines on the top of her shells but the bottom of her shell looks normal! i really appreciate your advice. thank you!

images of her shell:
http://imgur.com/a/EF8df
dannysaurrex

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:42 pm   Re: pink lines on top of red ear slider shell

I don't know if I can make out the pink lines, she does have a very pretty shell. Are the lines over the seams of the scutes?
steve
Site Admin

Return to General Care Discussion