General Care Discussion :: Going out of town for a few days...

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:30 pm   Going out of town for a few days...

So, my immediate family is going out of town for approx. 5 days. Leaving super early on Monday and will be back sometime Friday night. What do I do about Money?!?! I plan on feeding her before we leave Monday and I was thinking about getting some feeder fish for the days we will be gone. I know the fish won't last but maybe 2 days in the tank with her but I don't know what to do!! Usually, when I go out of town I leave detailed instructions for my parents because they will look after Money but they are going too. Any ideas what I should do about food and lighting for her??
Money-Green Rocks!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:48 pm   Re: Going out of town for a few days...

Ideally, there would be someone to look in on her at least once or twice while you're gone, but you can get a timer for the lights. They even have automatic feeders to feed them pellets, but I don't know how reliable they are. My friend's works well, but the one I bought jammed often enough that I don't use it. I know someone who leaves his turtle for a week a couple of times a year. He puts in a bunch of feeder fish and has his lights on timers. It's an adult RES and hasn't had a problem.
annar

Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 pm   Re: Going out of town for a few days...

What about some aquatic plants? I agree, having someone pop in will offer a lot of peace of mind.
steve
Site Admin

Return to General Care Discussion