Urgent Care :: I think my turtle has a serious problem.

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 am   I think my turtle has a serious problem.

Please Help. Shell Rot? I think it is due to the Turtle Topper scratching her shell.
Attachments
Turtle.jpg
Hunnabun

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:00 pm   Re: I think my turtle has a serious problem.

I don't think it's shell rot. With a damp paper towel, can any of it be wiped off? How's the carapace?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:32 am   Re: I think my turtle has a serious problem.

Ive tried scrubbing it off with a tooth brush, nothing comes off. For awhile i realize that I fed her way too much, and her diet was really bad. Ive started giving her a better diet since 1/25. Her carapace has many retained scutes. I am trying Koi wheat germ pellets now. I will try to add a Carapace picture soon.
Hunnabun

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:52 pm   Re: I think my turtle has a serious problem.

Does it also have a lot of pitting?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:27 am   Re: I think my turtle has a serious problem.

Yes I believe so. I also believe she may be carrying eggs, so i created a nesting area.
Hunnabun

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:44 am   Re: I think my turtle has a serious problem.

What makes you think she's gravid? Putting them in a nesting area can cause a lot of stress (and mess), especially if they don't want to lay eggs.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:50 pm   Re: I think my turtle has a serious problem.

I know there are a couple areas where you can feel for eggs. Inside toward the middle of her i dont feel any, near the back where her tail is, is hard. I dont know whether or not those are just her legs. I havent felt them before.
Hunnabun

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:37 am   Re: I think my turtle has a serious problem.

Inside, toward the middle is where you would feel them. She still acting this way? Usually they stop wanting to get out and will release them into the water.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care