Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hiya! New Here!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:22 pm   Hiya! New Here!

Hope it's okay, but I have a yellow belly slider and not a red eared slider. His name is Genbu. We found him when he about the size of a quarter in the middle of a turf football field. We suspect, he was snagged by a bird and then dropped in the field. He's about 4.5 inches now, head to tail. He lives in a 40 gallon breeder with a vivquarium set up. I'm looking to tear down my 75 gallon saltwater tank and transform it into a turtle tank. Looking to take on a big project of creating an over the top of tank basking area. I want it to have a water fall and waterslide. My little guy loves his waterslide. He climbs out, gets a running start, jumps in the water slide and zooms into the water. Then does it again. I want him to have the full benefit of the 75 gallon tank and being able to have that much water to swim in, but have the same features he has in his 40 gallon that he loves, only on top of the tank. Looking for ideas. I want his basking area to be as natural looking as possible with the waterfall. Made with peat moss, some live plants to grow in it.
Dobermom23

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 am   Re: Hiya! New Here!

Welcome to the site! Do you have any sketches or images of ideas? A water fall might interfere with a tank top (ATBA) and will cause a lot of evaporation. Looking forward to any pics you share!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.