Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: RES Baby has Black nose spontanously

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:38 pm   RES Baby has Black nose spontanously

Hi All.

I have a couple of Sliders one of which is a Female RES baby which i had for about two weeks now. I noticed about a week back it got a black spot on it's nose and now after a week it's spread to between it's eyes as well. At first i thought it was a burn mark but the Heat and UVB Lamp is far up and impossible to touch. It's not grease or color of any kind. It swims in the water normal and eats now and then as well. The heat level is very mild and not burning at all. I've searched the net and this forum for some similar circumstances but none found. Attaching pics. Any guesses?

https://files.mycloud.com/home.php?bran ... 2&name=RES
abwdxb

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:08 am   Re: RES Baby has Black nose spontanously

Hi, the page/picture won't load for me but is sounds like a serious infection. You might want to have a vet check her out.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:03 pm   Re: RES Baby has Black nose spontanously

abwdxb Idownloaded your pictures and uploaded here so Steve can see what are you talking about.
In my opinion it's infection and needs urgent care and antibiotics.
I would give her light purple potassium permanganate bath a proper basking place and vitamins and make fast appointment to the vet. Little ones eyes are closed so he/she defenetly needs vitamin A.
Keep us updated please.
Attachments
20161205_231627.jpg
20161205_231557.jpg
"When an animal puts their trust in us, may we never let them down..."
-April Peerless-
Madly

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.