Urgent Care :: Is it shedding or its shell rot? Need help and advice!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:59 pm   Is it shedding or its shell rot? Need help and advice!

Heres the story my baby turtle is about 7-8 month old and He is about 1.5 to 2inches long.
His diet are turtle pellet, floating stick, calcium block and some green veggie. I feed him daily and change the water once a week
I have a 50 watt basking light a res 10.0 uvb compact fluorescent lamp and a water filter.
recently I notice there is something different about my turtle's shell. Please help identify if this is a shell rot.
my turtle is also shedding skin at the moment. Should I be worry about that too?

While basking

My setup
Turtlemark

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:56 pm   Re: Is it shedding or its shell rot? Need help and advice!

I don't anything wrong. Not seeing any shell rot or shedding, is the areas around the seams what you are concerned about?

*edit - It does look a little off, maybe some slight shedding around the edges though it does not appear obvious.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:32 am   Re: Is it shedding or its shell rot? Need help and advice!

steve wrote:I don't anything wrong. Not seeing any shell rot or shedding, is the areas around the seams what you are concerned about?

*edit - It does look a little off, maybe some slight shedding around the edges though it does not appear obvious.

Yes the areas around the seams is what I am worry about.
The shell feels hard on middle but a bit bouncy(Not soft) on the edges of the shell.
I dont really have any experience on shell condition so this makes me freak-out
Turtlemark

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:38 pm   Re: Is it shedding or its shell rot? Need help and advice!

I'd just keep an eye on it for now. Also, don't trust those digital probe thermometers, they can be very inaccurate.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care