General Care Discussion :: Not sure about turtles health

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:17 pm   Not sure about turtles health

Hello every one ,
i am new here, also new on having turtle as pet. around 2 months ago i bought my turtles they were on a whim and when i bought they they were of around 1 inch shell.

I am posting the picture of my turtle, they seem to be healthy to me but i want to know if they actually are healthy . but my tank size is fairly small for them its around 15 gallon tank.

1 of the turtle ( Porthos )dose not eat anything except one kind of food pellet , i tried different vegetables , dried shrimps ( try to get earth worms ) . and it ear fairly less then other 2.
another turtle ( Aramis ) eat fair amount and seems to be most healthy to me .
And the biggest of them is Athos , it eats like nothing else matter in the world and it seems kinda fat to me and while i feed them in different containers it dose not leave its poop as other 2 does in the feeding container .

Picture oF Aramis

Picture of Porthos

Pictures Of Athos

Sprry for the long post and too many pictures. also sorry for the bad quality and english

THank you
ashraful

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:12 pm   Re: Not sure about turtles health

Welcome to the forum! I think they can all use fewer pellets but look good overall. It's normal for hatchlings to be more interested in live prey and pellets/treats. As for pooping in a feeding container, that behavior varies but 2 out of 3 is pretty good :D
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:13 am   Re: Not sure about turtles health

Thank you for your reply

i was actually worried about one of them having its parts of body poping out a bit from its shell, u can check on the last picture its not normal as other once.
ashraful

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:57 am   Re: Not sure about turtles health

A little bit is normal :)
steve
Site Admin

Return to General Care Discussion