Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: HEEEELP!!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:58 pm   HEEEELP!!

My turtle hasn't been really active. Yesterday at night I noticed her eyes were swollen and she wasn't moving much. I stayed up all night taking care of her cause I thought she was dead. She would open her eyes but just half ways and close them right away. This morning I noticed she was a bit awake so I tried feeding her and nothing. As I washed dishes I had her on the floor to see if she would walk or do something and she did walk for 30 seconds or so and she closed her eyes right away. As I looked away she opened her mouth like if she was yawning or something. I washed her container and put her in after wards.. Really wish I knew what was wrong I've had her for more than 10 yrs and never seen her yawn or open her mouth that big. :mrgreen: :(
Attachments
image.jpeg
Yoannna99

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:05 am   Re: HEEEELP!!

I'd increase the water temperatures to low 80's but also look into local vets incase you need their services.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:34 am   Re: HEEEELP!!

Yea her water has never been too cold or too hot. Today she seems a bit better she's up :) hopefully she starts to eat soon I put three little turtle sticks to see what happens
Yoannna99

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:07 pm   Re: HEEEELP!!

Is the water chlorinated? What kind of lighting do you have for her?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.