Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:31 am   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Ok, I can send pictures if you'd like! The mark is definitely not part of their shell though. I just took them to a vet and they had perfect physical exam results. :D and no parasites or infections after fecal, mouth, and blood tests were all done, which I am so happy about! as I expected they are very healthy
Art student living in Chicago with my 2 inch, 1 oz. red eared slider Pan, named after the Greek god of the wild. Pan loves basking, doing yoga, watching videos of fish, and nibbling on my finger.
panandkatie

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:33 am   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

I can definitely attach pictures if you'd like. The mark in that picture is definitely not a part of Pan's shell however, which is free of marks. I just took them to a vet, and they had a perfect physical exam, and blood, fecal, and mouth tests all suggested they have no parasites or infections which of course I'm really happy about :D As I expected, they are in very good health!
Art student living in Chicago with my 2 inch, 1 oz. red eared slider Pan, named after the Greek god of the wild. Pan loves basking, doing yoga, watching videos of fish, and nibbling on my finger.
panandkatie

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:39 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Up to you if you want an excuse to post pics :) Fungal issues are a big problem with captive RES, but can be spotted early and treated pretty effectively (the first time).
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:25 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Here's the best picture of his/her shell I have right now!
Attachments
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg (38.41 KiB) Viewed 5329 times
panandkatie

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:51 am   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Looks pretty good, but maybe cut down on the protein/pellets.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:44 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

I'm trying to get him to eat more veggies, but there's not many he likes yet. I'm thinking of trying that soak-in-tuna-water trick next with some red leaf lettuce, and just not giving him any other options.
panandkatie

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:45 am   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

It's OK to give him less, though you just need to tolerate the begging (which can be pretty dramatic).
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.