Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Proud parent of two res

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:13 am   Proud parent of two res

I have just been given my father in laws turtles one is male i believe and one is a female. There names are Askim and Asker one has a shell 8 inches I believe she is the female the other one has a 6 inch shell. Not quite sure on their ages. So far they just have some rocks in the bottom of their 100 gallon breeder tank. I started feeding them everyday in a kiddie pool. I do not have a filter or baking area for them yet luckily it has been nice out side in the sun. Won't let me post pictures from my phone I'll upload some tomorrow from my computer
Red beard

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:55 am   Re: Proud parent of two res

Welcome to the forum Red Beard!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:12 pm   Re: Proud parent of two res

Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your two RES turtles.
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Protracturtle

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:18 pm   Re: Proud parent of two res

Welcome!

The females typically get bigger than males, so you're probably correct with your guess. Whichever one has the wolverine-like front claws is the male :D

Also, love the names.
sansbacon

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:43 am   Re: Proud parent of two res

Thank you for the replies sorry i haven't really responded using my phone and i work 4 pm to 1230 am and have four kids trying to upload pictures but says image size to large I'll try again later. And ya just Idk the larger one whom i call Asker definitely has female characteristics. And Askim loves feeder fish Asker not so much. I'll try from my laptop tomorrow i just don't use it much
Red beard

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:50 am   Re: Proud parent of two res

Image there we go that is Asker. This is their tankImage and this is Askim Image
Red beard

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:55 am   Re: Proud parent of two res

Here is one of them together outside in a super hot sunny day Asker is doing some yoga on Askim. Asker loves the sun I tell you what. Loves doing yoga getting a peaceful stretch.to bad we can't all just lay back and stretch out like that every now and then.
Red beard

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:05 pm   Re: Proud parent of two res

They look good but do work on that basking area and filter.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 am   Re: Proud parent of two res

Those are my next projects I have a couple ideas brewing in my head one is the above tank basking area out of plexi glass the other is taking my40 gallon breeder tank and putting it on the front o.j. the tank with a ramp that leads out the water into the40 gallon tank that's filled with sand and has the light
Red beard

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.