Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi! I'm Matthew and our turtle is Icarus.

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:07 am   Hi! I'm Matthew and our turtle is Icarus.

About three years ago, my girlfriend lived in an apartment sandwiched between two other apartments. In back, there was a concrete courtyard and behind that, there was a garage. The courtyard was fenced off on either side. One day, my girlfriend went into the courtyard to exercise and saw a little green creature pressed up against the threshold of the door, terribly dehydrated. She kept him wet and warm for several days before he opened his eyes. We never could figure out how he got into the courtyard, so we figured he must have dropped from the sky. So, we named him Icarus. Now he's huge, strong, hungry and generally agreeable. Very curious, too. He went through an escape artist phase, but seems to have given up on it. Thanks for having me here. :mrgreen:
xanatizer

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:08 am   Re: Hi! I'm Matthew and our turtle is Icarus.

Welcome to the forum! They never stop that escape phase, always check their setups for weaknesses :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:49 pm   Re: Hi! I'm Matthew and our turtle is Icarus.

Hi Matthew, that is a great story. Do you know what type of turtle he is? Do you have any photos of Icarus that you could share?
spork

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:34 pm   Re: Hi! I'm Matthew and our turtle is Icarus.

Ah, Icarus as in the son of Daedalus who wore wings and flew to close to the sun and ended up falling to his death ... I can see why you picked that name for the little guy. :wink:

Hope he grows up well and strong, and I too, am hoping to see pics of him in the future!
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Protracturtle

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.