Urgent Care :: Strange behavior with no answers

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 am   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

I think some use a little mineral oil, but I would stick to what you're doing.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:50 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

I still haven't seen any substantial poop in his tank and it has now been over a week. I've seen a few tiny poops, he pees and several diarrhea-like blowouts where it just looks like a brown liquid shooting out. He has become more lethargic again today, turning into zombie turtle where he just sits in one spot. He has still continued to eat however. How long can turtles go without pooping? I honestly think at this point that he is constipated. It looks like there is build up near his cloaca but I'm not sure.
Jeff_M

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:06 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

I think it might be necessary for a follow up visit with your vet. I haven't heard of that kind symptom before, so it might be a result of the meds.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:11 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

Maybe I should clarify. It looks like there is a big poop inside his tail that is ready to come out. I will try to post a photo.
Jeff_M

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:19 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

ImageI
Jeff_M

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:23 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

I took Fedders to the vet last night and they ran another X-ray. The vet said he thought he was lethargic due to the pebbles and it looked like they had moved from last time. They did an enema and got some stool out and gave me another antibiotic to help him pass the pebbles. I took him home and put him back in his tank and he passed away about ten minutes later. It's been a terribly stressful month but I know I did everything in my power to help the little guy. The vet said he had lost some weight from a month ago and was looking a little pale, especially inside his mouth. I guess I'll never figure out what did him in. He just never really acted like himself again since this started. I am thankful to have come across this site though. It helped me out a great deal as a first-time turtle owner. I'll miss my little buddy and I'll probably end up getting another turtle or two once I find a new house.
Jeff_M

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:33 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

I just figured I would let everyone knows how things turned out in case they could learn anything from my experience. Thanks again for the help over the last few weeks. R.I.P. Fedders.
Jeff_M

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:33 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

I'm deeply sorry to hear it :( Sorry I was late catching up on Fedder's situation. You did what you could Jeff, RIP Fedder.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

Thanks, Steve. I never had pets growing up so when this turtle was basically dropped on my doorstep, I was surprised at how much I grew to love him. I will miss him a lot.
Jeff_M

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:55 pm   Re: Strange behavior with no answers

I would too, they're very special creatures.
steve
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Urgent Care