Urgent Care :: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:17 pm   TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

MY TURTLE ELISHA WON'T EAT ANYTHING BUT SALMON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN I FORCE IT? PLZ HELP GUYS!
-anonymous <3 forever xox
elishawang

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:20 pm   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

HELP MEH!
elishawang

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:28 am   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

That's a bit weird. What was she eating before?

By the way, I don't think forcing a turtle is a good idea. I think you should try to entice eating.
Look here;
http://www.redearslider.com/entice_eating.html
hello there
HelperTurtle123

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:08 am   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

I replied to your other post.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:22 pm   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

K, thanks.... it still haven't changed....
elishawang

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:45 pm   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

HelperTurtle123 wrote:That's a bit weird. What was she eating before?

By the way, I don't think forcing a turtle is a good idea. I think you should try to entice eating.
Look here;
http://www.redearslider.com/entice_eating.html

This is what she has been eating before: Commercial food, tried romaine lettuce (fail), duckweed (still in tank now... dunno if eaten most likely not), freezed-dried shrimp (fail), salmon (over spoiled success!
elishawang

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 pm   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

I tried to feed it a commercial food (less than half) but it tried to snap it (kinda eat it) until it realized, it's NOT SALMON! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :msgreen: :arrow: :shock: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :msgreen:
elishawang

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:03 pm   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

putting salmon on commercial food didn't work! :( It just took the salmon off, and ate it... :(
elishawang

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:09 pm   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

Maybe soak some of the pellets in the water packed with the salmon, but exclude the salmon when feeding her.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:23 pm   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

anyways, today she ate it! YAY SUCCESS! btw, the swollen eye turtle is not active, only active when eatting food. :(
elishawang

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:20 am   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

Have you separated them?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:28 pm   Re: TURTLE ALWAYS EATS SALMON AND NOTHING ELSE HELP!

no i haven't before i separated them and gave the "sick one" some human medicine, now it doesn't have diarrhea but it has swollen eyes and a bit of bloated feet (only for one)
elishawang

Return to Urgent Care