Urgent Care :: My red eared slider is acting differantly

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:43 am   My red eared slider is acting differantly

One of my turtle is currently unresponsive
He is usually active but now he kept sleeping and did not eat i am worried
.he currently slept for almost a day but still alive i do not know what is happening to him
Help me
Syakir

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:17 pm   Re: My red eared slider is acting differantly

How big is he? Were there any other previous symptoms? Can you separate him from your other turtles?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:57 am   Re: My red eared slider is acting differantly

He is about 3×2 cm
No he does'nt
Why do i need to seperate? I could
Syakir

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:33 am   Re: My red eared slider is acting differantly

What Steve is aiming at on separation of him from other tank mates is to possibly prevent a possible illness from spreading to others. Much like if you have a cold or flu, would you want your girlfriend, wife or children get sick from what you could have as a example. Now 3 cm equals to 1.18 inches which indicates it is fairly young (just a tad over being a hatching so I take it that you have now owned your turtle baby very long.

I am not sure what your aquarium set up is like and I am not sure your overall husband experience is. Based on my observations in your text, I am assuming that you may be from India or surrounding locality. Keep in mind, if you are from these locallties and from other members who come from these regions, some of the needed turtle supplies are not as common there and you may need to order some items for the turtle supplies that surround on keeping the turtle healthy, from reputable reptile businesses from different nations since areas in India do not consider turtles a demand able animal therefore the products needed for them are less demand able as well. Hopefully this is not the case where you are.

But my questions:

(1) What is your experience level with turtles in husband and care being that this is a baby turtle?

(2) What is your aquarium or turtle enclosure like?

(3) What items do you have for the aquarium / enclosure ?

(4) Do you have any photos that you can post of the aquarium / enclosure that you can post here ?

I also want to take a moment and thank you for joining the forums here.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:55 am   Re: My red eared slider is acting differantly

Is there any visible unusual things that just appeared?
hello there
HelperTurtle123

Return to Urgent Care