Urgent Care :: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:23 pm   TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

Hello guys! plz help me! i think my turtle is sick! :( i'll tell u all the details abt temperature and stuff later, just how he/she behaves! So mu turtle is not active, what i mean by that is that at daytime, he starts to bask excessively! and it starts to sleep, for 2 hours straight! (maybe waking up a bit) but it avoids the water (kinda) and he is eating less than before! I have another turtle in the tank and it is very active and good!
abt stats:
temperature, mid 80's
filter installed
UVA and UVB installed
water clean
takes good care of 2 turtles
and it DOES NOT have any breathing issues, or swimming just lethargy! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP THIS HAPPENED FOR ABT 1 WEEK (LESS) PLZZZZZZZZ HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP
-anonymous <3 forever xox
elishawang

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:38 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

please help! :(
elishawang

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:54 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

How long have you had them? How big are they?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

i had them less than 2 weeks and they are about 5 cm
elishawang

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:35 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

Are you sure they were both eating? Separate them into separate tank. What are you feeding him?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:33 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

If fed together they may be competing for food is my thought as well leaving one with very little there for losing energy. Being 5 cm (near 2 inches), I doubt that a dominance situation is going on being so young however I may be wrong. Intimidation of competition for food perhaps? Everything you posted regarding the enclosure appears spot on.

steve wrote:Are you sure they were both eating? Separate them into separate tank. What are you feeding him?

I agree with Steves questions above here to narrow it down a bit.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:11 am   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

i am feeding them commercial food, i don't have anything else to feed them! :( today, my other turtle Elisha is eating less than 2 sticks, abt 1 and half, :( i don't know where to get clean worms and my dad won't let me get any crickets because he said that's enough for them! more details:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blM38VUSzkk
elishawang

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:13 am   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

i do seperate them in seperate containers when feeding, right now, it is still on the basking spot sleeping! :(
elishawang

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:54 am   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

I reviewed your video on youtube . Your turtles really do look healthy. I recognized immediately the cricket express company logo too. Living in England that company has a branch there as well even though the headquarters are based in New Zealand. I used to buy black crickets and locus from them for my bearded dragons and chameleons.

But yes your turtles appeared to be very healthy overall. I am thinking that if there is anyway you can get your dad or maybe explaining it to mum to understand that maybe a small trial and error phase on a small amount of a variety of food would be beneficial to get the turtle eating a bit better. I know it is not healthy for turtles to have snack foods sort of speak but if you can get something just to spark its interest in eating better, it would help you I am sure. Being European yourself like I am, can you get like freeze dried prawns to break up in smaller pieces maybe?

Ta for posting the video, much appreciated.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:42 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

For the one(s) not eating, feed them in their main tank. They are already stressed, being put into a smaller container only adds to that.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:15 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

i know, but then they'll be a huge cloud of food, i'll try, ty guys.... :)
elishawang

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:17 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

i'll try to separate the one that eats to another container to keep track of how much each one eats..
elishawang

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:48 pm   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

but i hope it's not RI! :(
elishawang

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:35 am   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

today, it ate! thx for the idea of putting food in tank! :)
elishawang

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:46 am   Re: TURTLE SICK?????????????????????????????

I am so happy for you and your turtle.

Cheers !
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Next

Return to Urgent Care