Urgent Care :: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:08 pm   DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

I do realize there have been posts on how to locate a missing turtle. But I am truly desperate at this point.

My RES has been missing for almost 5 days now and I have not seen any sign of him.

He likes to climb out of his tank a lot and roam around the living room. He would shown his face everyday, every two days maximum.

It has been 5 days and I have not seen any sign of him. I've placed bowls of water and food in areas where I think he might be (basement, kitchen, etc). I've even spent days looking through every possible area.

I don't know what else to do and I'm afraid to find out what's happneed to him

Please if anybody can help I would appreciate that greatly

Thanks.

Ivan
Ihuynh

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:25 pm   Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

I have everything I can think of here: http://www.redearslider.com/lost_turtle.html

Keep looking, do not give up. Carefully listen for him, especially early mornings when it's quite. Block off areas only after they have been thoroughly searched.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:41 pm   Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

**UPDATE**

I have found my turtle. He somehow got into my backyard and I found him this morning underneath a piece of plywood.

Since I have found him, I followed the guide that was posted and put him in clean water. I don't have any gatorade or saline solution for him to be rehydrated quicker.

Are there any other steps I need to follow to make sure he is OK?

P.S. he doesn't seem to be wanting to eat right now, I'm assuming this is normal since he is probably in shock
Ihuynh

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:57 pm   Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

Great news! Leave him in his tank and hopefully he'll come back around.
devilduck

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:09 pm   Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

I feel your pain :-( My beloved cat of 13 years got out of the house last night and I haven't seen him since. May we both find our loved pets!
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:40 pm   Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

^ Awe I'm so sorry to hear that :(. I wish you find him! I'm hoping he finds his way home
Ihuynh

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:59 am   Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

He came back last night. Guess he got hungry!
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:37 pm   Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

Congratulations on finding him. One less stressful occurrence resolved for you.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 am   Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO LOCATE MY LOST RES

Whew! 2 happy endings!

Ihuynh - take it slow and don't overfeed, just go back to normal (after giving him a visual examination).
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care