Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: 41 Year Old Checking In

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 pm   41 Year Old Checking In

Hi, my owner calls me "Doodles" because that's how his Son pronounced 'turtle'. I was born in early 1975 and my owner, who has had red ear and yellow ear turtle since 1960, thinks he knows how to take care of this female. I have never been sick one day of my 41 years although when I was 10 or 11 I had an egg stuck near my exit but luckily his mother was able to work the egg out. Females helping females... we understand 'women problems'.

I almost drowned at 5 because my (stupid) owner filled too much water in my bowl but saved me by shaking me upside down. I got back at him years later when he fed me strips of salmon by hand and I bit down a little too eagerly and got his thumb...held onto that sucker for 10 minutes no matter how hard he yanked. The harder he pulled his thumb the harder I bit down because that's what we turtles do with food we eat.

My hobbies included eating, sleeping, crawling around the yard and hiding from my owner and just lounging on the patio soaking up the short summer Canadian sun for hours. No kidding, I will sit on a piece of wood and stretch my beautiful legs out for hours at a time.
I enjoy different kinds of fish, banana and some kinds of green leaves. I really devour the white grubs my owner digs out of the ground.
The reason my owner is visiting this site to ask about the hard pellets by Zoo Med I no longer like.
ed52

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:27 pm   Re: 41 Year Old Checking In

Hi Doodles, I really enjoyed your introduction! You really have a way with human-speak. I'll look for your owner's posts and reply. Thank you for visiting!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:12 am   Re: 41 Year Old Checking In

I have found that if the little ones get too many "treats" they tend to give up their regular food. Maybe the company has changed the recipe?
Try a day or 2 of just the sticks and see if there is a change of attitude.
Children that fit in the palm of your hand.
skipolippers

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.