Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: What do turtles think? What's their thought process ?

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:46 am   What do turtles think? What's their thought process ?

Hey guys I've been acquiring my knowledge from this group and I must say its a beautiful things you guys have going on here. Keep it up. Steve amazing initiative. Brings about a whole bunch of people from around the world with comman interests and amazing insight.

I recently got 2 Terrapins one was from my sister she named my ninjah and jus got a little once yet to be names thinking mr hoody. I wAs jus wondering what do these bugers think like. Any idea ?
sujay

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:02 pm   Re: What do turtles think? What's their thought process ?

Hi sujay, thanks for the kind words. RES are very instinctive, but I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. They do learn and you can say train, but very limited to what we expect of them. They don't communicate facial expression or sounds, so it's hard to read them.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:48 am   Re: What do turtles think? What's their thought process ?

hey steve thanks for the response.

i guess its a difficult question to answer and i guess over a period of time it will be instinctive for me too to understand them if at all.

so the little one i have has not been eating for about 3 days now. ive read its fine as long at its not more than 10 days but its strange as when he first came he was gobbling food like there aint no tomorrow. keep me wondering why? will take him to a vet to check him out if it goes on for another couple of days.

he seems perfectly healthy, no swollen eyes, everything else is healthy.
sujay

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:35 am   Re: What do turtles think? What's their thought process ?

I would need more info on how you're keeping them to determine what could be wrong. Temperatures and aggression are often the main reasons.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.