Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to Turtles!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:02 pm   New to Turtles!

Hello everyone!

My name is Jonathan I'm 24 and currently seeking some turtle wisdom'. I recently "rescued" two turtles from the evil hands of my mother.. Kidding. My little sisters were given these two baby turtles but they're careless and don't know and can't begin to afford what turtles really need therefore I took on the task, since they're too busy with technology and won't bother taking care of them I am going to be their momma'.

So here's my Intel I guess.
I'm just wanting to know what condition these turtles are and if I should seek a vet (if you see anything wronc).

For now I have a small tank, 10 gallon, turtles don't seem unhappy they have some room to swim and a basking dock I got on Amazon with their light.

I've followed a lot of the advice found on myturtlecam and have ordered a UVB light (which is what I think is wrong with the oldest turtle's shell)

I'll be pleading your awesome advice and hope I can be a part of your team in helping newbies such as myself with their turtles.

Thank you in advance for having such a great and helpful site.

P.s. Steve :) I' believe you're the owner! Can't wait to seek your advice as well!
1x 3in RES (Beifong)
1x 2in RES (Katara)
Inspired by Avatar, but their character fits so perfectly!
iEzTech

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:02 am   Re: New to Turtles!

Hi Jonathan, welcome to the site!

I'll look into those other posts to see if we can figure out whats going on.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:25 am   Re: New to Turtles!

Anyone welcoming in! please take a quick look here I want your honest opinions! : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37525&p=352966#p352966
1x 3in RES (Beifong)
1x 2in RES (Katara)
Inspired by Avatar, but their character fits so perfectly!
iEzTech

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.