Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: what did you name your turtle?

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:29 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Thunder! I went outside on morning after a huge rainstorm and found a new hatchling in the chicken yard. Obviously hatched the night before as there is a stock pond down below here. The tiny turtle was all pulled into his (it's) shell to avoid the chickens but they had not harmed him. So I named him Thunder. I am glad I found this excellent site. I have kept him for about a month now and he is tame and quite a little begger, coming out of the water to take food from my fingers. If an amount of baby turtle pellets the size of his head is what he should have each day, I figure he can get 8 or 9 pellets, so two or three pellet several times a day. He's been biting on the lettuce, too. I have a 750 gallon water tank for the cow. He can swim in there and get sun, otherwise he lives in the house in an aquarium. He has an underwater cave.
MissT

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:02 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Sounds great! So there are other turtles in that pond? Is the 750 gallon a stock tank?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:25 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Named our RES "Centurion".
I coach track & field at a local High School in San Diego, California (about as far from native RES country as you can get).
The school mascot is a "Centurion".
One day (Spring 2014), during practice on the track, we heard a ruckus coming down a nearby hill. Plants swaying, and belly womping down the hill came a turtle!
She walked right on to the track. I figured right away she didn't belong in the wild around here (I knew a bit about turtles prior to this encounter). So I picked her up, put her in my backpack, and brought her home. Immediately set up a "pond" for her out of a kiddie pool I had.
After spending a couple of weeks trying to find her home (I figured she escaped from a backyard pond) we decided to keep her.

So I invested a bit of money into pond materials and built her a permanent home in our backyard. She loves it! It's full of guppies, mollies, and minnows for her to chase around. I also keep it stocked with a few crawdads (she loves trapping, and eating, them). It has a natural filtering system with plants, plenty of sunning areas, deep water, etc.
I put some thought into the pond and it is designed to both keep her in, and if a predator tries to get to her (we have coyotes, raccoons, etc. roaming around) it has hides, deep water, and areas where it would be almost impossible for them to get to her.
By surprise, early this spring (2015), we had babies hatch! Now I'm raising a quartet of babies too! But they are inside in a large tank and doing great as well. They are about 3 months old now and complete crazy water monkeys! So fun to watch! I'm going to give them another 3-4 weeks before I start looking hard into finding them permanent homes.
bstone23

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:00 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I'm new too. I named my boy Jade because of how beautifully bright green he was when I got him. He was just a hatchling. :D Now he's a 10 year old, 6", tough guy!
With man, some things are possible. With God, all things are possible.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 black lab/springer spaniel/akita, Razzle.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:47 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I have three RES - The folks I got them from called them Big; Middle & Small... I renamed them:
The smallest (male) is Kevin - He is awesome!! Comes up to the glass when he is on the basking platform to get a little scratch behind his head. Named after the Samoyed in "The Proposal"
The two females haven't been officially named. Was thinking Lily & Jane but they are too aggressive. So with that in mind, I am thinking Persephone & Hecate... what do you think?

:D UPDATE: Thanks for helping me think about what to name the girls! So it is official: Artemis & Persephone
The Kids:
Turtles-Kevin; Artemis & Persephone
Pups-Bliz (samoyed) Dayz (husky/wolf)
skipper susie

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:16 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I named my RES Captain Spaulding.

ImageImage

My big bad dog is named Otis Driftwood, so I figured it would be appropriate.

ImageImage
OtisDriftwood

Post Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:21 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I named my turtle Ponyo.

My nieces turtle is Sherbet.

My sisters turtles are Michelangelo "mikey", and Raphael "riff raph".
RES: Ponyo, Mikey, Sherbet
Map: Riff Raph
Salamander: Hiccup
My turtles FB page! https://www.facebook.com/PonyoTheTurtle (don't know how to make a fancy link)
Teeglor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:13 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Squirtle. :D
paigey

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:00 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

My False Map's name is Sparkie!!! :D
CristianaBarros

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:00 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Hello :) I'm new here as well. Just signed up lol I have one baby res that is named murtle :p she's adorable and always smiles :)
Dahskii

Post Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:40 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Welcome! This thread should include mandatory pictures :P
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:22 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Just got my turtle a couple weeks ago named him Raz.
RAZ: One year old RES
Josh

Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:20 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I have 1 turtle name : Charlie Stickerbomb , people call him CISBEE for short but my mom call him charlie
gomgomboy

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:59 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Hello! I am fairly new to this forum and so glad I recently found it. You guys are great.

I have 1 turtle and her name is actually Snappy. She always tries to eat our hands whenever she gets the chance so thats how the name came to be. :)
sallyleex3

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:04 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Love these names, keep 'em coming :)
steve
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.