Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi !!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:10 am   Hi !!

Hi !! Im danny from singapore and I recently adopted 2 red eared sliders as my sister bought for her daughter out of impulse. And me having a soft spot for animals decided to take care of them and constantly trying to learn as much as i can to take good care of them. If there is any advices on cheap setups as i spent wayyyy too much for them already and would like to keep costs at a minimum .

Info :
4 ft tank 2 res around 8cm each exoterra basking light
4ft aquazonic overhead light and some purple light i think it might be uv. Not sure. 2 filters boyu overhead 2ft with ceramic rings carbon and i fprgot some other media. And a dymax ez ef 20 filter . as i domt have enough for a canister. I am missing a uvb bulb and a proper basking area . pls let me know if im askimg at a wrong post.
Dbonanny

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:31 am   Re: Hi !!

Welcome to the forum Dbonanny! How long have you had these RES?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 am   Re: Hi !!

steve wrote:Welcome to the forum Dbonanny! How long have you had these RES?

Hi steve!! Thanks for the reply! Around 3 weeks!!
They are constantly observed to be given as best care as possible!
Dbonanny

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 pm   Re: Hi !!

I would stop using the purple light until you're sure what it is. The main expenses are the tank, filter and regular UVB purchases. You don't have to use an aquarium but you might be able to find a good deal on used ones. Filters can be expensive, but a quality one should last 5-10 years. As UVB... if you can get your turtles outdoors regularly, you can probably skip it but you will still need a basking bulb when they are indoors.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.