Feeding and Nutrition :: Not sure if my baby res is pyramiding.

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:09 am   Not sure if my baby res is pyramiding.

Hey guys my friend gave me this baby turtle as a gift yesterday and I've been reading up on RES turtles as much as possible and I noticed his shell isn't smooth and has a bit of a rise. Could you please tell me if that is what they pyramiding and if there is any way to reverse it? (What kind of problems would it cause down the line?)

http://imgur.com/mlOWmqg

I've also been trying to handfeed it some veggies but thus far no luck, gonna go to the store in a bit and pick up some new stuff so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Sahand

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:55 pm   Re: Not sure if my baby res is pyramiding.

The little guy or gal looks fine. Concentrate on pellets and feeder fish if needed. Be sure the water is around 78-80f.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:54 am   Re: Not sure if my baby res is pyramiding.

Alright thanks, would he be fine on just the pellets or should I keep trying to get it to eat veggies?
Sahand

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 pm   Re: Not sure if my baby res is pyramiding.

Babies are fine with pellets/higher protein. Juveniles should try vegetables more frequently, and adults need the most plant matter.
Jeremiah

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:54 am   Re: Not sure if my baby res is pyramiding.

Yea, just get him to eat his favorite things so that he is eating something. Then introduce better foods and plants while cutting back on the other stuff.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:35 am   Re: Not sure if my baby res is pyramiding.

Thanks a ton guys!
Sahand

Return to Feeding and Nutrition