Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: I'm the first poster! Almost...

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:08 pm   I'm the first poster! Almost...

Hey,
Welcome back everyone! Glad to see the site back online.
I'll introduce myself now I guess.. My name is Adam, I'm 31 yrs old. I live in Almonte Ontario Canada about 45 minutes outside of Ottawa. I've got 1 female RES named Willy that is just a month over 2 years old.

You can check out pics of her and her setup here.
http://web.ncf.ca/ff742/

The webcam is offline for the time-being. I need to install the cam drivers onto my shoutcast server.. which is the closest to the tank to accomodate the restricted USB cable length. But, pics and so forth are there.

Anyways, I'm glad to have the forum back up and online. Especially in a moderated environment. Now we can tackle getting rid of the unsuitable comments from pesky people.

And, I'll keep my outrageous rantings at an absolute minimum too.
Last edited by pkneeyahx on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:32 pm   

hey adam, how's it goin? You know me but for the future newbies:

I'm 27, from Thorold, Ontario (near Niagara Falls). I have 2 RES, Pandora & Rocks, both about 9 months old, as yet unsexed. No other pets yet, but working on more turts/possible tortoise and lizards.

It's good to be back! :D

Jen
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:11 pm   

Hey everyone!

Name's Steve. I'm 28 and live in New York with my two 2-year old sliders. I'm an Art Director when at work and I am working on this site as much as I can.

Welcome home everybody!

Steve
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:30 pm   

:lol: Hey steve - thanks for your effort in getting the site up and running! This is a great way to learn about the care of our little friends. Always seems to be something new for discussion. :) :)
RES Tampa

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:46 pm   

Thanks Steve for gettin us up and runnin again. I can't wait until all (well most) of the old folks figure out were up again. Heck, I would have never known if Jenaero didn't tell me. So, thanks Jenaero! I was all bummed out and after about a week or week and a half of trying I finally erased the site from my favorites!! But guess what, it's back on my favorites list. Steve, were you the same person who ran the original res.com? Thanks.
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:47 pm   

you're all very welcome. i think everyone made this a great first day for turtle talk!

gordon created the first redearslider.com and i was thinking about creating my own. so when this site went down, i sprang into action and here we are.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:52 pm   

Great, I (we) all appreciate your hard work. And soon you will see the fruit of your labor.... :lol:
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:28 am   

yeah.. i noticed the domain was in limbo.. and available..
good stuff man. i was thinking of grabbing it and running a board of some sort.. but my ISP would pick up on the massive traffic all at once and throw the kill switch. I already get a small amount of traffic on my site.. about 800 hit's per day.. but 75% of that is me. :]

anyways.. awesome work man.
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:56 pm   

YAY for Steve!!!! Thanks for giving us our forum back! :D

Anyway my name is Anna, I'm from Alabama, and I have one RES named Frank. He is a little over a year old and a monster..I mean cute. I said cute right? lol.

Glad to see the forum up and running again.
I have one RES, his name is Frankenstein; I call him Frank for short :)
Frank'sMom

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.