Photo Gallery :: tell me if my baby red ear slider tank is good or bad?

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:49 am   tell me if my baby red ear slider tank is good or bad?

tell me if the setup will work and if they will get uvb...should i lower the water and use a different basking spot or is that ok...just tell me anything i need to change thanks
have 3 baby res, squirt, squirtle, hyroghliphic
1 juvenile, violet
1 adult, clyde
cameron740

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:04 pm   Re: tell me if my baby red ear slider tank is good or bad?

and sense yesterday when i cleaned the tank i changed it to the setup just posted pics of....when ihad the old setup the heat light was pointing at the ramp to get up to turtle topper and they basked on the lamp...do you think they know that theres heat up there and to go all the way in it and will they get uvb with the uvb strip light like the way it is
1 juvenile, violet
1 adult, clyde
cameron740

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 pm   Re: tell me if my baby red ear slider tank is good or bad?

Your tank looks good to me. The lamp looks like it's a safe distance from the basking area, and it appears that the UVB strip extends over the basking area, so they should get UVB.

Do you use thermometers to check the water and basking temps? Ideally the water temp will be about 75 degrees F, and the basking area should be 85-95 degrees F. The basking area temp should always be at least 10 degrees warmer than the water, so they are enticed to bask. It looks to me like the way you have the heating lamp, it reaches the top part of the ramp where it meets the basking spot, so they should know to go to it.

I like your basking area. Did you make it yourself?
:mrgreen: Bill - RES
Dixie, Georgia, and Scrappy - cats
ataraxiamb

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:22 pm   Re: tell me if my baby red ear slider tank is good or bad?

yeah its make of glass aquarium sealant rocks and green rug and the heat light is 95 degrees and the water around 75 and should i move the heat light to the side of the turtle topper instead of where it is
1 juvenile, violet
1 adult, clyde
cameron740

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:52 pm   Re: tell me if my baby red ear slider tank is good or bad?

Looks great! I like how you have that long plastic grass horizonal over the water surface.

The thing I'd be concerned about is algae with the UVB extending all the way across the tank. Might want to pick up some snails for turtle snacks and algee control.
devilduck

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:11 pm   Re: tell me if my baby red ear slider tank is good or bad?

ok thanks sounds good...im still concerned obout basking and uvb the uvb i 10.0 compact its effective up to 20 inch and its only 6 inches away from basking spot is it to close because they hvnt basked in 2 days
1 juvenile, violet
1 adult, clyde
cameron740

Return to Photo Gallery