Urgent Care :: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!!!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:20 pm   

Well, i'm old enough..... I'm able to obtain my own house ,car and pay my bills. Also I been providing for all my res which I've had for 5mths. I did'nt now much about my res until 2 1/2 mths of having these wonderful pets. Yes I did have them in a lagoon, which is consider a death bowl. But I did buy them a tank and have nice cute set up for them. I don't have a theometer. It's a 40 gallon tank for them and hopefully I ge t a nice big tank later. I have heater, basking area, filter and uv light. Also I have a kiddie pool for them, and I design my own basking area for them..... which they do love to be in. I clean their tank once a month and feed them sep. containers. BUT.. were I live the weather is about 95 to 105 degrees and it is going to get hotter.. plus I don't know if that affects the res, because I put them back inside my house and I have the AC on ... SO COULD THAT BE A PRO. :?
I have three RES Grumulch,Greenyand Zoey :)
I used to have four RES my lil Cloey didn't make it .... "RIP CLOEY"
SPARKLES

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:34 pm   

With the air conditioning on, what is the room temp? If it's very cool, it could cause them to develop a respiratory infection. If you have them under the AC or in the paths of cool draft/breezes, it could also make them ill.

Are they going from very hot (outside) to cool (AC) temps?

It is possible that Cloey was sick when you got her. Keep an eye on the others...
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:47 pm   

The room temp. is about 70 degrees and I had the tank under a vent. I already moved the tank so hopefully that wasn't why cloey died. Well I was taking them outside everyday or other day to pool. And it could be hot sometimes. They all seem very active still and eat well.... so I'm hoping the're not ill.
SPARKLES

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:04 pm   

I will be crossing my fingers for you :D , I hope they don't get sick too, make sure that their temps are constant, like marisa said, if it gets too cool they will develop RI.
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:07 am   

Well thier still eating... so that's a good sign!!! I'll pray for my little ones to be ok!! I was feeling so sad because cloey didn't make it !!!! I'm just going to deal with it and be happy my other 3 are living. :mrgreen:
SPARKLES

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:03 pm   

I think an ambient air temp of 70F is too cool for babies, especially since one has died.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:00 pm   

well i really didn't know , but i guess i'll try to have a warmer tem. But were i live it gets really hot outside
SPARKLES

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:15 pm   

But isn't the 70F inside?
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:21 pm   

Yeah sometimes is was about 70 in side the house
SPARKLES

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:58 pm   

That's a big jump if the air outside is in the 90s and they're brought into the house with a temp of 70F. (And it seems to me that AC not only cools the air but puts a chill in it as well.)
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:41 pm   Living were

were do you live in california. The only place i can think of that would get that hot would be temecula or palmsprings. I live in mission viejo right next to irvine, and it only gets about up to 85-90 here right now. But it will get hotter.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:49 am   

the tank was under a vent?? thats the problem. cool drafts can give RES an RI in a hot second. 70 degrees?? jeeeez. my rents keep the house at 77 and i think thats a bit chilly.
From the homegrowers soul, straight to his lungs. That's the method that I myself find fun. Start from seed and then you'll see, just how fun homegrowing can be.
da sAUCE!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:29 pm   

Well I live in brawley and it gets pretty hot here!!! The weather sucks!! 8)Actually today temp. is about 110....
SPARKLES

Previous

Return to Urgent Care